The recipe was published in the Mott’s Recipe book which was launched at the Mott’s Family Fun Day last summer at Boni High Street. All the recipes in the book are really delicious, and a big plus is that the result is healthier versions of some family favorites like spaghetti, and fried rice, plus some new dishes to try like bread pudding, cereal clusters, even healthy smoothies!
Of course we also grabbed some Mott’s in cans because we all like grabbing-and-going the ready-to-drink apple juice from the fridge when we are on our way out to work or school. We can never really have enough of Mott’s at home!
Then we got to cooking!
Add in the Mott’s 100% Apple Juice and the ground chicken:
Who would have thought you could actually cook with Mott’s Apple Juice!
Mott’s Apple Juice basically replaced sugar in this recipe and that is that a good thing because the sugar found in Mott’s is healthy and natural sugar that is found in the apples that it’s made from!
Here’s the complete recipe including the recipe for the tangy barbecue sauce!
150g ground chicken
1 slice whole wheat bread
1/4 cup Mott’s 100% Apple Juice
1/8 cup non fat milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 egg, beaten
100g all purpose flour
3 tbsps. rolled oats
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup sparkling water
3/4 cup bread crumbs
1 cup Mott’s 100% Apple Juice
2 tbsps. soy sauce
1 tbsp. honey
1 tbsp. chili sauce
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
Chili flakes (optional)
For frying: 1 cup vegetable oil
For baking: cooking spray
1. Soak ground chicken in Mott’s 100% Apple Juice, salt and black pepper.
2. Break bread into pieces and soak in milk.
3. Mix chicken and bread. Add egg. Set aside.
4. In a plate, prepare 1st coating by mixing all ingredients.
5. In a bowl, prepare 2nd coating by mixing all ingredients.
6. In a plate, prepare bread crumbs for 3rd coating.
7. Using 2 tablespoons, form chicken mixture into rectangular shape.
8. Drop into 1st coating mixture and coat well.
9. Drop into 2nd coating mixture and coat well.
10. Coat with bread crumbs.
11. Fry in medium heat until golden brown.
12. Drain excess oil and pat dry with paper towel.
13. Discard excess oil used for frying.
14. Prepare sauce by mixing all ingredients in a saucepan.
Cook over medium heat.
15. Serve chicken nuggets with sauce on the side.
For lower calorie option, boil ground chicken in Mott’s 100% Apple Juice,
salt and pepper until juice is absorbed. Follow the rest of the instructions.
Instead of frying, coat baking pan with cooking spray. Bake in preheated
oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes, turn nuggets
and coat with cooking spray. Bake for another 15 minutes.
Makes 20 pcs.
TRY IT! This is super easy and super good, something guaranteed for the kids to enjoy and love.